Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

It is time! (to update this blog!)

As many of you know, a little over a month ago Kent and I moved to Beaverton, Oregon- a suburb of Portland. We moved here for Kent to go school at the Portland Community College and study Building Construction Technology. He is working towards an Associates Degree, so we will be here at least two years.

We love it here! It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. The fall leaf colors are incredibly vibrant, everywhere you look there are lush green forests, and so many of the landscapes would make perfect subjects for paintings. (I will post some pictures to show you what I mean).

I finally got a job and started it this week!!! It seemed like it would NEVER happen! I am working at a Babies R Us about 15 minutes from our apartment and I think that I'm going to love it. Of course, it isn't my ideal job, but it is permanent, I can get about 30 hours each week, I have the possibility of insurance (!), and the people who work there are really nice and friendly. Plus, it will prepare to be a mom someday! I am excited to learn about various baby products and know what is best, etc. No, that is not an announcement- we are not expecting! I think that will come within the next year, but we shall see. :)

Anyways, everything is fine here. Kent really likes his classes and is doing really well. He even got the second to highest grade in the class on his last math test! That's my man! Our apartment is roomy and cozy, we are having fun exploring the area, and the kitties are their normal cute and crazy selves. We are happy!

No comments: